What is mixing ?
Mixing involves a series of tasks to blend individual tracks together in order to make a song sound coherent. It is a creative process which requires a lot of experience, state-of-the-art tools and both a professional and artistic approach.
The most common tasks during mixing are :
• Setting the level of individual track
• Crafting the stereo sound stage
• Applying EQ and compression
• Effects processing
• Creating fades
• Noise reduction
How to send files for the online mixing service ?
For the online mixing service to be as successful as possible, it is important to follow the guidelines below:
• Always send unprocessed, dry audio tracks. This means that you shouldn't apply any effects on your tracks after recording.
• If you export virtual instruments which have built in reverb, delay, EQ etc., it's a good practice to send both a dry and a processed version.
• Don't convert your files to another sample rate and bit depth then they were originally recorded at.
• Whenever you export a file from your DAW, use at least 44.1 kHz and 24 bit resolution (32 bit float recommended).
Prior to uploading, please name your files clear and reasonably. So instead of for example "track01, track02, track03", use
file names like "kickdrum, bass, synth lead" etc.